Small Town Trap

With Dreams of Breaking Out

Monday, September 12, 2005

Finally. A spare moment. It looks like my mass email went okay, thank goodness. Yahoo wasn't super happy about me sending a crapload of emails to the same domain name but I think I got them all to go. Stupid computer crap. Makes my brain hurt.

Lukas woke up this morning crying, "I puked." That was fun. Good thing we picked up a washer and dryer Friday night so it wasn't as big a tragedy as it could have been. Nevertheless, a puking kid is never my idea of a party so I finally gave him some of the nighttime cold medicine so he would take his cranky ass off to bed. Just in case Nickolas was getting any puking designs, I gave him some too. Mother of the year is totally mine.

So, the reason I moved, besides my gold membership dying, is that I think Nick's sister found the other site and she has a huge mouth. If I can't bitch about Nick's family, then I don't really have much to say anymore. Since we moved down here by them, it has been one irritating thing after another. See, Nick's dad just got married for the fourth time. His third wife, who is a good friend of mine, still lives around here. We still hang out, and she still wants to see the boys because they were her grandchildren when she was married to Nick's dad so it's not really fair to just cut her out of their lives and tell them she's been replaced. Right? Friday night Nick's dad and Wife 4.0 watched the kids so Nick and I could pick up the washer and dryer, and Lukas called Wife 4.0 by Wife 3.0's name, and they got super pissed. At me. The phrase they used, I believe, was, "Our hearts just sank." They told me that I was going to get a bad reputation hanging out with her. All I could say was, "Well, if the kid didn't have so many grandmothers to keep track of, maybe he wouldn't get confused. He's only three." Apparently that was the wrong answer because I have been pretty well shunned since then. Me being me, I think that is pretty damn funny. (See, I just couldn't have them reading this kind of stuff.) And before that all happened, I got reprimanded for telling Wife 3.0 things about Wife 4.0 and Nick's dad, which I didn't do. Why do guys think that they're all we ever talk about? Do they really think they're so interesting that we sit around and dish all day about them? So annoying. Amazingly, there are other subjects.

I should really think about waking those kids up now. They've been sleeping for three hours.

6 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the email -- I missed your posts!

 
At 9/12/2005 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the email. I was quite disappointed that I wouldn't get to read your posts anymore. And now I can. Yay! Also, getting angry because a THREE year old said the wrong name?! Yeah, okay, that sounds reasonable. NOT!!

 
At 9/12/2005 6:09 PM, Blogger onewetleg said...

i agreee with leigh. a three year old cant be expected to keep up with that shit. if they are shunning you, you're better off.
now get you a notifylist so i will know when you update.
love, jj

 
At 9/12/2005 6:18 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Yay! Thanks for telling me where you moved to! And for cripes sake... Wife 4.0 better get over being so freaking sensitive about being wife 4.0, or she'll be making room for wife 5.0. God, that was mean. Sorry. :) And you GO, girl. You're my hero.

 
At 9/12/2005 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the email. And I'm sorry, but anyone who signs on for the job of Wife number 4 should be prepared for a little confusion.

 
At 9/15/2005 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - what is WRONG WITH YOUR HUSBAND'S FAMILY???????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home